Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The one with another market


One and a half week ago, me and mum attended the 'Zelfgemaakte' (Homemade) market, in the city of 's-Hertogenbosch. The market was part of an art festival named Artibosch and was located at the foot of St. John's Cathedral, which is a beautiful spot. We had a bit of a different set up from the previous market, with a different display for notebooks (at the side of the stall) and we took along some printed baby onesies and a number 1 printed prize. 


For future markets I would like to have a banner with my shop name made, and a display for totebags. I need to cook up something that's easy to take along, and can display lots of different bags. I took more bags with me than the ones pictured, but there was no room to show them. 


We did enjoy ourselves, but sales-wise the market wasn't a big success. Hopefully the next one will be better. We were feeling pretty cold during the whole day, even though it's still only september and both of us were wearing winter coats. I was even thinking about going shopping for a hat! The next market will definitely be one that's taking place indoors. I am thinking about making some cards especially for the holiday season.



I don't like having my picture taken, but here's proof that I was really there ;-)

I did a quick walk across the venue

Our neighbour for the day's stall, who is a seamstress



Loved this display and the brightly coloured dreamcathers

13 comments:

  1. Aww..those baby onesies are so adorable and I love the notebook display:) Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanging up the totes in banner-style is very pretty and eyecatching! The onesies are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your display! Also the new ideas you are planning are worth trying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great display! It will keep getting easier each time you do a market. I love that saying "foods before dudes". That one must get a chuckle from the ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This market sounds great. I love those dream catchers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a very nice display. I love doing shows, getting to meet my customers and seeing all the other artists.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your setup looked great, Marieken! I wish we have more stuff like this here in Toronto...sigh....why don't we have winter outdoor markets?!?!? :D

    PS Those onesies are too cute....makes me kinda miss having a baby:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love visiting markets, especially food markets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your display looks wonderful! I'm surprised to hear that sales weren't great--i imagine the cold weather kept people away?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, too bad it wasn't a huge day for sales, but I'm glad you had fun anyway! I like your tote bag banner. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Getting your display right takes so much trial and error! I finally got a banner made with my shop name, then I only did one more craft show after that. Ah, well. It's still around here somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your vertical display for the notebooks. And I like your tote bag display, but I can see why you need something to display more options.
    I only do indoor shows anymore. I've done a handful of outdoor shows, but steer clear of them now. Too many unknowns (weather, wind, bugs, etc!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The postcards and the onesies! Maybe you can cover your entire table with tote bags around :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and comments