Monday, July 14, 2014

The one with the strawberry popsicles



I bumped into some super cute pink popsicles molds last week. Immediately childhood memories of warm summer nights, playing in the streets, enjoying sweet cold treats came to mind. I needed to get them, and made some popsicles the same evening. As a kid, we filled the molds with sweeter than sweet lemonade. These are a more adult-y and healthier version.


What you'll need:

  • popsicles molds (mine makes 6 popsicles, but the mixture could make about 10)
  • 400 grams of strawberries
  • a big cup of greek yoghurt
  • 5 big tablespoons of honey, or to taste 


Wash the strawberries and remove the leafy tops

Puree the strawberries in your blender, and add the yoghurt and honey. Taste and add more honey if you don't think it's sweet enough. The strawberries I bought were pretty sweet, so five teaspoons of honey was enough for me. 

Fill the molds with the mixture



I left them in the freezer over night


Enjoy!

 
I got these molds at Dutch store HEMA. They're € 1,50 and easy to use. After taking them out of the fridge, the popsicles were pretty easy to remove from the molds. 

Do you like making your own popsicles? I've got one of them left, so I am in need of some ideas for making a new batch. What's your favourite recipe? Any flavour combinations I should try?


More recipes are over here


29 comments:

  1. Mmmmm...they look tasty! And I love the pink mold :)
    I like how you were able to use honey instead of sugar to sweeten them...and keep them healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good! I haven't made popsicles in a really long time. We would always mix different fruit juices to try to come up with our own concoction. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to do some experimenting too with different flavours :-)

      Delete
  3. It's the middle of summer vacation for the kids, and we still haven't made popsicles. Your post today is reminding me that we need to make some! ASAP. =0) These look delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look so tasty!!!! and so do your photos!! :0)
    Debbi
    -YankeeBurrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbi, it has been a struggle with the lighting in my kitchen...

      Delete
  5. Those look absolutely wonderful and I can't believe how simple they are to make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a yummy and really good idea! Perfect to cool the summer heat :)

    Lu | www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only need the heat over here now! It's been a bit chilly over here the past few days.

      Delete
  7. These popsicles look sooo yummy and perfect for summer. The best thing is that they're healthier than the store versions. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marieken!

    I may not be the biggest fan of strawberries but I will not deny the fact that the popsicles look so tempting and yummy. Your photos are also great. The sharp and colorful explosion of shades make them worthy of a magazine spread. And I hope you will be really featured in a prestigious magazine.

    Wishing you a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Diane! I think that it would work with other fruits too, if you're not a fan of strawberries.

      Delete
  9. I love popsicles and I actually made some this morning as well. Yours look SO delicious and those moulds are so sweet. Have a great one, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look wonderful! I love the idea of adding fruit, especially in the summer!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In winter I prefer icecream involving icecream, but I'm a big fruit fan in summer.

      Delete
  11. I don't know why your posts never show up in my blog reader--it makes me crazy! Your popsicles look lovely--so refreshing and how nice that they're pretty healthy, too! I think experimenting with a not-so-sweet lemon version or lime would be great. And how about boozy ones--margaritas or pina colados?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your post don't appear most of the time on mine too, maybe it's a blogger vs wordpress kind of thing?

      Delete
  12. Those look super delicious! Wish I could have one now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're pretty close, so if you're ever in the neighbourhood Ill make sure to have some in the freezer :-)

      Delete
  13. Looks tasty! I found some inexpensive popsicle molds a couple of years ago and definitely put them to use in the summer. Like you, I like to make a "thicker" mix with yogurt. The last time I made popsicles, though, I cut up some strawberries and then froze them in a mango juice. They were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chocolate drink sounds like a good idea too :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and comments